Mixed Blessings

Mom and I have been working really hard the past few weeks to get everything lined out for the trunk show. It's been awesome watching things come together, and I'm getting really excited by some of the things that we've finished. I've also been stressing quite a bit over the things that I'd wanted to get done that just weren't going to get done in time.

Then, this morning, I got a mixed blessing phone call.

The trunk show has been postponed. It's still going to happen soon, but the date is TBD.

A bit disappointing, perhaps, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it's also a little bit of a relief. Now I have time to order additional soap supplies and make a few more quilts and round out the size runs on some of the new pieces that we've made and and and. Honestly, we could probably work for another six months and I still wouldn't feel like we'd done enough, but this *does* allow us to fill in some holes. ;)

I'm also excited to be home on the 3rd. Just after we set the date for the trunk show, my dad made arrangements to come visit...on the 3rd. D'oh. My son couldn't be happier. Although the Henny half of Henny & Ev is his best buddy, he wasn't at all pleased that we were going to miss a day of hanging out with Grandpa.

So, back to the sewing machine for me. ;)

(PS - The dedicated website is still on target and the blog feature is still in place, too, so there's still plenty going on!)